4 cups beef broth
2 medium tomatoes
teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 green onions, minced
A few drops of sesame oil
- Bring the 4 cups of beef broth to a boil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the tomatoes briefly in the
boiling water. (This will make it easier to remove the peel.) Peel the
tomatoes and cut each into 6 equal pieces.
- When the beef broth comes to a boil, add the white pepper, salt, sugar, rice
wine, and tomatoes. Bring the broth back to boiling.
- Mix the cornstarch and water, and pour it into the soup, stirring to thicken.
Turn off the heat.
- Pour the egg white into the soup and quickly stir in a clockwise direction to
form thin shreds.
- Add the green onions and a few drops of sesame oil. Give the soup a final