4 ounces rice vermicelli
½ red bell pepper
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon grated ginger
½ cup chicken stock or broth
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon sugar
4–5 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
2 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup mung bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
4 ounces barbequed pork, cut into very thin slices
teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 20 minutes or until softened. Drain
thoroughly. Wash the red pepper and remove the seeds.
- Combine the curry powder, turmeric, and ginger. Set aside. Combine the
chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When oil is hot, add the
shrimp and stir-fry briefly until they turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2–3 tablespoons oil. When oil is hot, add the curry powder mixture and
stir-fry until aromatic. Add the red pepper and bean sprouts. Add the
noodles and stir-fry for a few minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Add the sauce in the middle of the wok. Bring to a boil. Add the barbequed
pork and mix through. Add the stir-fried shrimp. Sprinkle with the freshly