2 large eggs
2½ tablespoons oyster sauce
½ red bell pepper
1 green onion
6–7 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ onion, chopped
4 mushrooms, sliced
4 cups cold cooked rice
1 pound cooked beef, cut as desired
1 tablespoon mushroom soy sauce
½ teaspoon sugar
- Lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the oyster sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the seeds from the red pepper and cut into bite-sized cubes. Cut the
green onion into 1-inch slices on the diagonal.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When oil is hot, pour
the egg mixture into the pan. Cook on medium to medium-high heat, using
2 spatulas to turn it over once. Don’t scramble. Remove and cut into thin
strips. Set aside.
- Clean out wok, if necessary. Add 2–3 tablespoons oil. When oil is hot, add
the garlic cloves and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the onion. Stir-fry for 1
minute, then add the mushrooms, and then the red pepper. Stir-fry the
vegetables until they are tender. Remove.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the wok. When oil is hot, add the rice, stirring to
separate the grains. Stir-fry on medium heat for 2–3 minutes, then blend in
the vegetables and beef. Stir in the mushroom soy sauce and sugar. Stir in
the green onion. Serve hot, topped with the egg strips.